Duck with Reunion Island vanillaScroll
Recipe for duck with Reunion Island vanilla
Preparation time : 30 minutes the evening before
Cooking time : 1 hour 30 minutes
Ingredients (for 6 persons):
· a 5 pound duck
· 3 cloves of Reunion Island vanilla
· 1 liter of red wine
· 6 onions
· 6 cloves of garlic
· 6 tomatoes
· 150 g of cultivated mushrooms
· 1 tea spoon of turmeric
· oil, salt, pepper
Steps for duck with vanilla:
· The evening before, decompose the duck into pieces and let them marinate overnight in a bowl filled with a soup spoon of oil, the mushrooms, the wine, salt and pepper and the vanilla grains from Reunion Island, which can be collected by scraping the interior of the 3 vanilla cloves split lengthwise.
Scorch the pieces of duck well over a high fire, in a little marinade heated beforehand.
1. Crush the garlic and ginger
2. Cut the tomatoes and onions
3. Once the pieces of duck are golden brown, add and let scorch the onions first, then the mixture of garlic and ginger
4. Add and let reduce the tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes
5. Pour the marinade while mixing it with the turmeric
6. Let it simmer on a small fire for 1 hour
When you are finished cooking, you should have a smooth sauce.