The Salazie Cirque
The most accessible and green of all the cirquesScroll
- the Voile de la Mariée waterfall and Cascade Blanche
- Mare à Poule d'eau
- gorge-walking at "trou blanc"
Hell Bourg, classified as one of France’s most beautiful villages
- Creole houses including the Maison Folio, open to the general public
- the ruins of the old thermal spa
- walks up to the Manouilh waterfall....
- footpath called Ecole Normale leading to the viewpoint over Trou de fer
The Fédération de Stations Vertes (a network of 545 destinations of natural beauty) awarded the area of Salazie a Station Verte label in September 2013. The objective of the French Federation is to contribute to the organisation of tourism in the countryside and the mountains, by uniting the different Réunionese areas. The Federation checks the areas respect the conditions of their labels, and ensures the collective promotion of the labelled towns.
Find out more at www.stationverte.com