Reunion Island Tourism serves up local goodies at Paris show
Published on 23 February 2016
Reunion Island Tourism will soon be in Paris at Pavilion 7.1 stand P18 "Regions of France and Overseas" the Chamber of Agriculture of Reunion Island.
Every year, Reunion Island exhibits at the annual Agricultural Show, a do-not-miss event for lovers of local produce from the island. Samosas, jams, preserves, vanilla, spices, exotic fruits - Reunion Island once again will display organic produce with all their tropical colors for this 53rd edition, held at the Parc des Expositions at Porte de Versailles in Paris from February 27 to March 6, 2016.
Present at the show, along with its partners, will be the County Council of Reunion Island, the producer groups, the farmers, the trade union of Reunion Sugar, the product companies of Reunion Islands, and, of course, Reunion’s tourism board, Reunion Island Tourism (IRT).
At the tourist information stand, animated by students of the agricultural school in St. Paul, Reunion Island Tourism will offer a sunny program to meet visitor expectations and give out information to prepare for a perfect trip to Reunion Island.
Visitors to the stand will have the opportunity to meet professionals in the Reunion Island agriculture industry. They will present their know-how and various quality products from the island. Visitors will have the opportunity to (re)-discover the tasty local specialties and also a warm welcome to exhibitors from Reunion Island. Various activities will be organized, and product tastings will be offered.
Moments to remember and to not miss from the thousands of attractions on Reunion Island include:
• Monday, February 29: day dedicated to Reunion
• Friday, March 4: special day of the Overseas Territories
The exhibitors at the "Village Meeting":
• The Union Meeting Quality Fruits
• The CAHEB (the Agricultural Cooperative of Essential Oils of Bourbon)
• La Maison du Curcuma/Meme River: manufacture, sales of local products from Reunion Island
• Louis Leichning/Ti Planterre: vanilla, jams, spices, honey, preparation for rum
• The flavors of Furnace & Mascarin: delicatessen, rum jam, chili
• Sun Meeting: Jacque ti curry smoked, rougail big cod pepper, goat masala, rougail sausages, smoked baba figs
• ProVanille (Vanilla Cooperative Reunion): fruits, vegetables, exotic spices of the Indian Ocean, preparation for rum
• Rums & Cocktails (Rum Métiss) arranged creator of traditional and artisanal
In 2015, the fair was attended by 691,058 visitors. 1,050 exhibitors offered their expertise, 22 countries were represented, over 3,500 animals were on display, 16,400 wines, and 4,600 products of farm origin, craft, or industrial competed in the Concours Général Agricole.