Recipe for Chicken "Carry"
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- A whole chicken 1.2kgs
- 2 medium sized onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 small tomatoes
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 branch of thyme
- ½ teaspoon of saffron (turmeric)
- salt, pepper as much as desired
- frying oil
Preparation of Chicken "Carry":
- Cut the chicken into 8 to 10 pieces
- Dice onions and tomatoes
- Crush together salt, pepper, garlic and ginger
- Brown the pieces of chicken in oil at a very high temperature
- Once they are golden brown (actually, the fried chicken is already edible at this stage), add the onions. Keep mixing for one minute.
- Add the crushed mix, continue to stir for 2 more minutes
- Add tomatoes and thyme. Mix well for 2 more minutes
- Add the saffron (curcuma), add water about midway up and lower the flame just as soon as it starts to boil
- Let simmer on a medium flame for 15 minutes
There should remain a sufficient amount of sauce without there being too much. Don't forget to take out the fat after cooking.