Recipe for Coral Trout curry
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 nice sized coral trout: 1,5 kilo
- Onions 300g
- Ripe tomatoes 400g
- 8 to10 cloves of garlic
- 12 hot peppers
- 1 piece of zest of combava or 3 combava leaves
- 1 piece of ginger
- ½ teaspoon of saffron
- 1 branch of thyme
- 5 soup spoons of cooking oil
Steps for coral trout curry:
- Clean the fish, and cut it in 2 cm wide long slivers. Also cut the head in two along its length if it's large. Otherwise, leave it whole.
- Finely ground the onions lengthwise
- Finely cut the tomatoes
- Crush the garlic, the salt, the hot peppers, the ginger and the combava together
- Heat cooking oil in a casserole. Brown the onions and the thyme. Add the spices and turn.
- Add the saffron and then the tomatoes. Turn the contents quickly.
- Cover and let cook on a small flame for 8 to 10 minutes
- Add ½ of a glass of water. Mix the sauce. Put the pieces of fish inside. Cover and let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn over the pieces of fish without damaging them, and continue to cook for another 8 minutes on a medium flame
- Add more water according to the amount of sauce desired.
- Carefully mix and let simmer a couple more minutes.
Serve hot, with parsley and finely cut scallions