The seasons are not too different in Reunion. The tropical heat is moderate (24 to 33°C) all year round. Hiking enthusiasts prefer the austral winter or between the two main seasons (April - May or September – October) which doesn’t stop them from making the most of the Indian Ocean. Beach-lovers are likelier to opt for the austral summer and make the most of the mountains to cool down!
- January : Frequent and heavy showers
- February : The hottest month of the year with heavy and regular showers.
- March : Average temperature of 25°, some showers
- April: Around 28° by the coast, the end of the cyclone season
- May : Around 28° by the coast
- June : The beginning of the austral winter. The sun rises around 7am and sets around 6pm.
- July : 26° on average, 23° in the lagoon. Sea breezes, especially in the south
- August : The middle of the austral winter
- September : Temperatures between 22 and 27° by the coast. But some frost possible up in the mountains at night.
- October : Between seasons
- November : The beginning of the cyclone season
- December : The sun rises around 5.30am and sets towards 7pm. The onset of summer.
Fruit in Season
- January : Lychis, mangoes, starfruit, pineapples, bananas, papayas, tamarinds, coconuts
- February : Longan fruit, pineapples bananas, papayas, tamarinds, mangoes, coconuts
- March : Avocados, longan fruit, local oranges, pineapples, bananas, passion fruit, papayas, coconuts
- April: Passion fruit, avocados, strawberry guavas, jambolans, pineapples, bananas, clementines, oranges, papayas,coconuts, sugar cane in flower
- May : Strawberry guavas, pineapples, bananas, coconuts, clementines, oranges, peaches, pitayas, avocados
- June : Strawberry guavas, avocados, pineapples, bananas, clementines, coconuts, oranges.
- July : Pineapples, bananas, bibasse fruit, coconuts, jujube fruit
- August : Pineapple, bananas, bibasse fruit, coconuts, jujube fruit
- September : Pineapples, bananas, coconuts
- October : Pineapples, bananas, coconuts
- November : Pineapples, bananas, coconuts
- December : Flamboyant trees in bloom, lychis, mangoes, pineapples, bananas, coconuts
- January : Chinese New Year (parades and shows mainly around the temples in St Denis and St Pierre).
- February :
- March :
April: Tamil New Year. Processions and ceremonies The Bassin Vital Race (St Paul), The Pic Adam Race (St Denis), St Paul Half-Marathon Tram-Train Marathon Raid 974 (Le Port)
- May : Leu Tempo Festival of Street Arts in St Leu Bras-Panon Agricultural Fair
- June : Strawberry Guava Festival at La Plaine des Palmistes, Grand Boucan in St Gilles-les-Bains (Reunion’s very own Carnaval)
- July : Firewalking Bastille Day (the 14th) The "Sak nou fé" (Grand Bois - St Pierre) Choca Festival (Entre-Deux) Trekking weekend in the east Cimasalazienne (mountain race)
- August : Guan-Di Festival (traditional Chinese celebration) Sakifo (St Pierre), The island’s biggest music festival, with international artists Flore & Halle (floral exhibition - Le Port) Firewalking Cavadee – St Denis Festi’plantes (in St André) Coconut Festival (St Paul)
- September :
- October : (in French)
- November : Dipavali (Hindu Festival of Light). Ceremonies and Parades in several towns across the island.
- December : 20th December: Anniversary of the abolition of slavery. Its party-time all over the island for this fine moment of conviviality to the rhythmic sounds of maloya music.