Ticket valid for 12 months from date of purchaseThis immersive museum works via the use of numerous innovative and interactive models such as holographic projection, augmented reality, large-scale "multi-touch" surfaces, sound and visual effects, etc.
Renovated by the Reunion Region from 2010 to 2014, the La Cité du Volcan museum opened its doors to the public on 5th August 2014. This leading tourist attraction centre is also an international educational and scientific centre.
This 6,000m² infrastructure includes an innovative museum including several structures and interactive models for a fun, attractive and educational visit: 270° auditorium, 4D movie theater, multisensory tunnel, sound effects, etc.
All of these technological processes place the visitor under conditions reproducing certain features of volcanoes and allow them to experience the sensations and fully take part in the exhibition\'s aim.
Discovering Reunion Island at the La Cité du Volcan museum takes place over 3 levels:
- Level 1: lava tunnel, the hall, panoramic film, etc.
- Level 2: the treasure room (lithothèque - geological study room), the Piton de la Fournaise at the heart of the myths, the volcanic observatory, etc.
- Level 3: the documentation centre, the auditorium
The 4D cinema must be booked directly with the La Cité du Volcan museum
Ticket office closes at 16:15
Museum open from 13:00 to 17:00 on Mondays and from 09:30 to 17:00 from Tuesday to Sunday
Tour takes around two hours
- Closed: 1st January, 1st May, 1st November and 25th December
- Closes at 13.30 on 24th and 31st December
- Different levels of Reunion Island discovery.
- Every Sunday, discover the mascot Ti\'Krator on the paths of the La Cité du Volcan museum for the most fun entertainment/stroll (from 09:30 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:30).
- A space dedicated to young people to allow them to relax by offering them volcano-themed games.
- In the mountains
- Near a volcano
- Spoken languages
- Mobility impaired
- All year