Covid 19 : International travel
Accordingly, the rules previously applied to travellers to France no longer apply effective from 1 August 2022:
- Travellers are now exempt from any formalities prior to entry into France, be it in mainland France or overseas, and no longer required to present a health pass, regardless of the country or place of departure;
- Justification of travel (the “compelling reason”) is no longer required;
- Travellers are no longer required to present a sworn statement of non-contamination and an undertaking to undergo an antigen test or screening upon arrival in the country.
The same applies to travel between mainland France and each of the overseas territories.
Similarly, the French authorities no longer require any justification for outgoing travel from France, be it from mainland France or overseas, or any exit clearance to travel to another country.
However, foreign countries may continue to apply specific entry measures and formalities.
Find out about getting vaccinated on Reunion Island:
- ARS (Regional Health Authority) website: https://www.lareunion.ars.sante.fr/covid-19-ou-et-comment-se-faire-vacciner
- Health Ministry website: https://www.sante.fr/
- Or call +262 (0)262 724 720