The pickles are cooked in a pot or frying pan. They can be kept for several days and are served as a starter or to accompany any dish. Chili is optional.
- Cut the carrots, green beans and cabbage in thin strips.
- Chop the onions.
- Crush together garlic, salt, ginger and chili.
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in the pot or frying pan and pan fry the onions and crushed spices.
- Mix in the turmeric.
- Do not let the vegetables get too soft. The heat will continue to cook them.
- Mix well and add vinegar. It’s that simple!