- Clean the crayfish, wash and split in half lengthways if they are very large. Otherwise, leave them whole.
- Finely slice the onions lengthways.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Crush the garlic, salt, chillies, ginger and Kaffir lime.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the onions, thyme and spices, mixing together.
- Add the saffron and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add ½ glass of water. Mix the sauce well, add the crayfish and cook for eight minutes.
- Turn the crayfish carefully and continue cooking for another eight minutes on a medium heat.
- Add extra water as desired to increase the quantity of sauce.
- Stir carefully and leave to simmer for a few moments.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley and finely-chopped spring onions.
Serve hot with white rice and a mango rougail. Delicious !