Clean the zourite octopus
- Check that the ink sac has been removed.
- Soak the octopus in water containing rock salt and a little vinegar, and rub between your hands to remove the slimy film.
- Rinse and cut into small pieces of roughly 2 cm.
- Some people prefer to blanch the zourite to get rid of the greyish skin.
Cook by steaming
- Drain the zourite well, place it in a saucepan and add the finely-chopped onions, finely-ground garlic and ginger, crushed tomatoes, spices and oil.
- Add a leaf of allspice or ravensara as well as the thyme. Do not add salt.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for one hour until the octopus is nice and tender.
- Let the sauce reduce completely, then add the wine.
- Allow to reduce again until the stew begins to form a skin.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and finely-chopped spring onions.